Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sandpoint Film Festival Win for Root Bound

Screenwriter Mary Jane Honegger (left) and director Rebecca Cook celebrate after their big win at the Sandpoint Film Festival at the Sandpoint Film Festival.

It doesn't get any better than this!  Last night, surrounded by family and friends (including three of my fellow bloggers), I watched my first screenplay touch an audience.  For me, the laughter was just as exciting as the applause and wining the first place Audience Choice Award was icing on the cake. (Just a note - we won first place, not second as was incorrectly announced at the festival.)

I met many wonderful, creative people at various festival events during the weekend am especially grateful to Rebecca Cook for sharing the weekend with me and helping me through the dreaded experience of being called onstage.  Our executive producer Robynn Sleep's gracious gift of her charming  family Pend Oreille Lake cabin was a delight and made a wonderful weekend even better.

Never, never, never, never give up. - Winston Churchill


1 comment:

Elizabeth Smythe Brinton said...

It was a great thrill to watch Rootbound on the big screen, hear the audience roar with laughter and see our wonderful friend win an award. Congratulations to Mary Jane and the director Rebecca Cook. Well done!