- Comment on posts. Bloggers love comments! We value your comments because they add to this blog's knowledge base and to the sense of community we share. Whether you are a beginner or expert, feel free to share your thoughts.
- Follow Us. Click the FOLLOW button in the sidebar to let the authors and readers of this blog know that you are a follower and a participant in the Writing North Idaho blog.
- Update us. Send us updates to information listed in the blog sidebar, such as other contest deadlines you know about that we have not listed, or workshops and conference we have not included. Because we are not able to list all deadlines, workshops and conferences, we are mainly interested in those pertaining to the Pacific Northwest area.
- Ask us. Ask us to add your website link and other information to our sidebar information.
- Be our guest. Let us know if you would like to be a guest blogger. (See guidelines on the Be Our Guest page.)
- Add your stuff. Send us a link to your book(s) to add to our Books page. Send us your published article clips to add to our Clips page.
- Link us. Send the Writing North Idaho blog link to your writer friends. Even though this blog focuses on writers in the North Idaho area, we welcome comments, readers and guest bloggers from anywhere.
- Broadcast your event. If you have a book-signing, speaking event, or other writing-related event, send us the information to add to our calendar on the Events page. We will also post a reminder of your event on our TGIF post prior to the event.
- Be a Guest Blogger.
As a reflection of the mission of Writing North Idaho, topics should be in line with the interests of our audience, which includes writers of various experience levels with a wide range of interests. Some are published writers, some are on the path to publication, and some write simply because they love to write. Some are interested in reading tips about the craft of writing, in learning more about freelance writing, writing books, and the publishing process. Some are interested in discovering new ideas about writing and in hearing about the writing life of others.
If you don't yet have a particular topic in mind, here are a few ideas to get you started:
Write a review of a writing-related book you recently read.
Write about an event you recently attended that inspired you to run home and start writing.
Give us a lesson on some aspect of the craft of writing.
Tell us about your writing schedule; what is your process, what works best for you.
What most inspires you to write? Why do you write?
What are some great workshops or conferences you have attended and why.
Provide useful tips and techniques for critiquing the writing of others, or for some other area of writing.
For length, 300 to 600 words is ideal.
Create a catchy title and lead sentence.
Be funny if you want.
Be informal and spontaneous.
Write using a friendly, conversational tone.
Have fun, but be informative.
Once we receive your request to be a guest blogger and your topic, we will review it to make sure it fits within our mission and schedule. We will then email you a timeline for sending us your written piece. Your piece will be posted by one of our contributors as a Monday Morning Post. When your blog entry is posted, if you like, we will include a short bio at the end of your blog along with a link to your website. If you are an author, we can also include an image of you book cover and a link to your book.
Your blog post will then remain in our blog archive for viewing.
Even though Writing North Idaho focuses on writers in the North Idaho area, we welcome Guest Bloggers from anywhere.
We hope you will join us in making this blog a useful tool for North Idaho writers.
View Writing North Idaho's Editorial Policy on the About page.