Sunday, October 23, 2011

Brilliant Beginnings Contest: We have a winner!

Thank you to everyone who entered our Brilliant Beginnings First Line Contest, and to our five hardworking judges, who had some tough choices to make. It was a very close contest. Each judge individually ranked the entries according to his or her preference, and then the points were tallied to declare the winners, which are:

First Place ($30): "Her long journey through pain was almost over." (Robert Norwicke)

Second Place (Starbucks gift card): "So much for life and liberty." (Jessie Gunderson)

Third Place (Starbucks gift card): "I knew this man would change my life; I could see my future in his eyes." (Jane Bettany)

Congratulations, winners! You will each be contacted individually to arrange for receiving your prize.

Great job, everybody! We've got another fun contest in the works, so keep reading Writing North Idaho for the details.

4 comments:

Jessie Gunderson said...

Oh wow. Nice surprise! Thank you and congratulations Jane and Robert. If I'd won 1st prize I would have spent it all on coffee anyway. ;) Heehee

Lisa said...

Great beginnings indeed! Congrats to all!

Bob Norwicke said...

I am surprised, thrilled and grateful, but most of all - inspired! Congratulations to Jessie and Jane. Thanks Writing North Idaho for a fun contest!

Jane Bettany said...

Great news. Thanks to Writing North Idaho for running the contest, and well done to Bob and Jessie. I will be spending my coffee voucher at a Starbucks in Derby, UK. I usually opt for de-caff, but I might just celebrate with a little caffeine! Thanks again.