A variety of author events are happening within the next several days. But before we get to the events, I'd like to remind you about an upcoming deadline for authors, November 5, 2010. Pacific Northwest Writers Association (PNWA) is compiling a 2010 Holiday Catalog they plan to distribute via email. Here are the details from a recent PNWA newsletter:
If you are a member of the Pacific Northwest Writers Association (Annual membership, $65.00), you have a great opportunity to promote your book(s) and reach more readers. Back by popular demand, PNWA is putting together a 2010 Holiday Catalog. The catalog will be distributed through our PNWA email list, and to other selected writers' group lists.
1. You must be a current PNWA member to have your book(s) included in the catalog. To join visit http://www.pnwa.org/.
2. The catalog will be distributed via email the day after Thanksgiving. Reminding families to add local authors to their holiday wish list this season.
Required information for each book listed:
1. Book genre listing (i.e.: fiction, nonfiction, memoir, thriller, fantasy, etc.).
2. A high-resolution (300dip) jpg cover photo.
3. Book Title and Author.
4. Up to 100 words of description (author's website optional).
5. Publisher, ISBN, Binding, Price.
6. Required information should be sent via email to email@example.com by November 5, 2010 (no exceptions).
According to Kelli Liddane, Managing Director of PNWA, PNWA emails the catalog to approximately 8400 recipients consisting of authors, readers, and various writing groups. If you would like to view last year's catalog, click the following link. (Note: Disregard the page breaks and inoperable links, a result of the pdf format.) 2009 Holiday Catalog
Now...to upcoming events. Following is a list of author events happening this weekend and next week in the Spokane area. Be sure to check our Events page for details of these and other events.
Today at Noon, author Sam Lien Le will be at Yokes on Indian Trails Road signing copies of his autobiography about his escape from Vietnam, The Spirit Stills the Storms.
This evening at Aunties Bookstore, Susan J. Cobb presents her book, Virgin Territory, a memoir about retiring to Mexico.
On Saturday at 2:00 pm, bestselling author Ann Rule visits Aunties Bookstore to present her latest book, In the Still of the Night: The Strange Death of Ronda Reynolds. The book is a saga of true crime set in Spokane.
Next Wednesday, 5:00 pm, Jan Brett will talk about her latest storybook, The 3 Little Dassies, at the Bing Crosby Theater in Spokane.
Thursday, bestselling science fiction author Lois McMaster Bujold will present her latest novel, Cryoburn, at Aunties Bookstore.
And next Friday at Aunties, October 22, Seatle author Shawn Underwood presents her travel memoir, Mommy, Are We French Yet? Tales of an American Family Living in France.