Thursday, November 11, 2010

TGIF: Prompt: Get Busy & Write

Looking for something to do this weekend? Why not follow Jennifer's advice and get into the mood of writing by simply writing. Writing prompts offer cheap, easy entertainment; and, who knows, a prompt just might inspire you to write a fantastic story that lies hidden within.

While looking for inspiration online earlier today, I found one prompt that suggests writing about, "Who's at the zoo?" I pictured the giraffes I watched at the San Francisco Zoo just a couple of months ago. I remembered being entranced by their graceful, slow-motioned walk; their towering height; the arc of their necks; and their peaceful demeanor. Maybe I could write an essay - maybe a poem. Then another prompt caught my eye, "What's under my bed?" Oh great, from graceful giraffes gamboling on green grass to dirty dust bunnies promiscuously procreating under my bed.

Well, the writing prompts aren't working for me this time...all I was inspired to do was quit writing and go dust under my bed. But, I bet you'll have better luck. Give it a try!

Stories on the Mountain - A Meet-the-Author Gift Fair
Start your Christmas shopping early by attending the Meet-the-Author Gift Fair at Pleasant View School in Post Falls on November 21. Local authors will be on hand to autograph and sell their books, and three authors will read excerpts from their work during the event. B.J. Campbell will present her book, Cougar Bob; Michael Marsden will present his book, Sam d'Bear; and Nancy Owens Barnes (one of our fellow bloggers) will read from her book, South to Alaska.

All local authors are invited to participate in the Gift Fair, but space is limited. If you would like to participate, contact B.J. Campbell as soon as possible: bj@mindspring.com.

Sunday, November 32, Pleasant View School
18724 West Riverview Drive, Post Falls, ID
Program: 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Gift Fair: 2:00 - 5:00 pm

Be sure to check out other writing related events on our Events page.

No comments: